I wanted to make some custom scents for charms, and I couldn't find any new ones at Hobby Lobby, or Michael's so I decided to try and make my own.
♥ What You'll Need:
You can find these extracts at any grocery store, and their normally used for cooking.
You'll need an odorless oil as the base because the oil will help the scent/extract stick to the clay.
I was going to try this with olive oil because that's all I had but olive oil has a distinct smell, and I didn't want every scent I made to have a touch of olive. So I went to GNC and purchased a 16 oz. bottle of grape seed oil, and 16 oz bottle of sweet almond oil. Both are odorless, and the almond oil was on sale for $4.99 (the grape seed oil is $9.99). The bonus is you can use the left over oil on your skin and hair (the grape seed oil isn't as greasy as the almond oil).
Scented Oil Recipes:
- Mocha - Coffee Extract & Imitation Butter & Nut Flavor
- Coconut Cream Pie - Coconut & Imitation Butter & Nut Flavor
- Birthday Cake - Imitation Butter & Nut Flavor & Pure Vanilla Extract
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Lemon Extract & Imitation Butter & Nut Flavor
- Orange Creamsicle - Orange & Imitation Butter & Nut Flavor
- Banana Nut Muffin - Banana & Imitation Butter & Nut Flavor
- Peppermint Patties- Peppermint, Pure Vanilla Extract & Imitation Butter & Nut Flavor
- Almond Croissant - Almond Extract & Imitation Butter & Nut Flavor
- Licorice - Anise Extract
♥ What Can You Scent?
- Polymer clay
- Body Wash
- Lip Gloss
- Pretty much anything that can be mixed with oil! ..except food because the oil I used isn't edible :)