Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Reese's Ice Cream Sundae - Miniature Polymer Clay & Air Dry Clay Tutorial




I decided to make a ton of "candy" sundaes from Baskin Robbins.. All in miniature of course! :) 
 
The Reese's sundae above is my favorite, mostly because I love Reese's so much!
 
ICE CREAM: I mixed, or rather swirled in tan and brown clay with white clay to make the Reese's Ice Cream. It's very simple, and it's a perfect excuse to use your scrap clay!

NOTE: It's best to use Air Dry Clay when making these because the cups are plastic. If you use polymer clay, back the ingredients (ice cream, candy, and whipped cream) beforehand. 

SAUCE: I mixed Modge Podge Dimensional Magic together with yellow ochre (and a tiny amount of dark brown paint, but this is optional) acrylic paint to make the peanut butter sauce. The Dimensional magic doesn't need to be baked because it dries hard on it's own in about 2-3 hours.

CUPS: The ice cream cups are simply communion cups that you can find at a local Christian Bookstore or online. You can also use plastic shot glasses (Party City has tons), or mini plastic cups (Found some of those are Dollar Tree).

I hope you try it out & Have Fun!!
XOXO,
Toni

9 comments:

  1. this helps me soooo much when I am making my jewelry thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly LUV you work! Your stuff is so beautiful and it looks real! I cant understand how someone can make so real-like things out of clay! Thanks for sharing your crafts to us nwn
    PS. I am a kid and i am from Finland, so if there is mistakes in this text, dont care about them. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Toni! I have a question for you. You mention using Air Dry clay for certain things and I have tried this. I used Plus brand clay and, after drying, it completely crumbled. Am I doing something wrong or is there a really good brand that I should be using. Thank you so much for your help. Your designs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Toni, may I know where did the small plastic cup can be brought?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Toni , where do you put your stickers starbucks excuse me for mistakes i'm French

    ReplyDelete
  6. toni u r so awesome and talented. i love all the cute miniature charms they are so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI toni I absolutely love your work it inspires me so much keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete